With CounterPath’s latest release of Bria Android Edition 1.2, we are excited to add Messaging and Presence to the Premium Features available for in-app purchase. In order for your Bria softphone app to support the Messaging and Presence add-on, and future Premium Feature add-ons like Video Calls, you need to complete the following steps to transition your Bria Android Edition license to the Android Market. This will be done through a refund process to ensure that you retain access to your Bria app while the license transfers to the Market.
If you choose to not transition your license to the Android Market, there will be no change to your current Bria Android Edition softphone. You will still be able to make and receive voice calls, but you will no longer receive updates for your softphone client. If you wish to continue to receive updates to the product, we ask that you transition your license to the Android Market at this time.
Please note the transition program is only available until February 29, 2012 – if you do not transition by this time, you will need to re-purchase your Bria app from the Android Market if you wish to upgrade to version 1.2+ in the future.
Transition Program Process
1. Purchase and install Bria Android Edition from the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bria.voip
2. Copy your account settings over from your previous version of Bria Android Edition, as the new version will not configure automatically.
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a copy of your receipt from the Android Market. Please ensure this includes your email address, amount paid and currency type.
4. CounterPath will refund the purchase price of your replacement application through PayPal by March 15, 2012. If you do not have a PayPal account, please set one up by visiting https://www.paypal.com
and completing the necessary information.
5. Ensure that you have installed your new Bria Android Edition client to your device by March 30, 2012, as all licenses that have been migrated to the Android Market will be revoked at this time.
NOTE: If you had also purchased the G.729 codec through the CounterPath Store, please re-purchase as well and submit the receipt in step 3 for a full refund.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation and patience in participating in the transition program. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
The CounterPath Team